Compressible Flow Scores  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
The grades for Assign 0 have been entered. I gave A0 if you registered but didn't enable email notifications in the Compressible Flow forum, and “-” if you didn't register.
Quiz 1 has been corrected. I gave A0 if you didn't explain well enough all the steps to reach an answer.
Quiz 2 has been corrected. You all did fine.
Quiz 3 has been corrected. I took away half a grade if you didn't write all the steps in finding $\gamma$. You can't just say it was found the calculator from a complex expression. You need to isolate $\gamma$ and then calculate it.
Note that a grade for Assign 4 will be given after the Quiz on Tuesday. This Tuesday (Oct 30), the quiz question will be either from Assignment 4 or from Design 1. Make sure you can remember your solutions.
The grades for A4/D1 are inputted. I took away a half grade if you didn't finish the problem fully or made an important mistake.
A5 has been corrected. You all made the same mistake. Think about this more, I may ask you the same problem in the final. The answers posted on my site are correct: you need to find your mistake and match these answers.
The midterm exam has been corrected. Check that your grades for each question were inputted correctly.
A6 has been corrected. 2 of you got it right and were given A+. I gave B+ for being halfway there (you need to check that the pressures match across the contact surface..). Make sure you can do this problem: it may be asked in the final.
Quiz 7 is corrected: I gave you all A0. Although you didn't all do it the same way, you all made a mistake in how you setup your integral. You shouldn't have to say $\cos(\theta)=1$ because $\theta$ is small. This is not needed here and shouldn't be done. What you need to think more about is how to setup the integral. Hint: the total lift force per unit span is $F_{\rm L}=\int_{x=0}^{x=t} (P_{\rm bottom}-P_{\rm top}) dx$.
The final exams have been corrected. I'm a bit disappointed by how few correct answers were obtained.. The exam was not so difficult I think.. The scores would have been higher if you would have prepared better by making sure you could solve all assignment problems correctly. For instance, Q3 is a problem you were asked in one assignment and I did mention in class none got it right. After this assignment was completed, you should have put more effort into this problem, asked some questions, and figured it out.
PDF 1✕1 2✕1 2✕2
$\pi$