Computational Aerodynamics Scores  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
For Quiz #1, I took away 1 point if you didn't explain correctly how to expand $\rho v_x$ using Taylor series and another if you didn't finish the proof.
For Quiz #2, I took away 0.5 point if you didn't indicate your answer clearly (with a box surrounding the answer), 0.5 point if you forgot to write the units somewhere, 0.5 point if you didn't calculate the discretization error associated with your answer.
For Quiz #3, I took away 0.5 point if you wrote math symbols within the Equation command that can not be processed by the CFD code (i.e., if you wrote $\sqrt(x)$ instead of sqrt(x).
For quiz #4, I took away 1-2 points if there is a major problem in your logic, and 0.5 point if you didn't indicate your answer clearly. If you didn't get 3/3, you should figure out how to solve this problem.. Ask questions on my website or to a friend.
For quiz #5, I gave A0 if you didn't indicate your answer clearly.
For quiz #6, I gave A0 if you didn't calculate the matrix $|A|$ correctly. What some of you did is to calculate $A$ and then to find $|A|$ as the absolute value of all elements of $A$. This gives the right answer in this case but this is the wrong logic. You need to find $|A|$ as $L^{-1}|\Lambda|L$ where $\Lambda$ corresponds to the absolute values of all elements of $\Lambda$.
For quiz #7, I gave B+ if there were serious mistakes in the setup of the boundary conditions. I gave A0 if you made mistakes in calculating the drag coefficient or the stagnation pressure, or if there were some minor mistakes in setting up the boundary conditions.
For quiz #8, I gave B+ if you couldn't get a reasonable value for $p$, A0 if there was a small mistake in finding $p$, and A+ if you got $p$ correct.
I finished correcting the finals. You did quite well. I hope you enjoyed the course and found it useful. Have a nice vacation!
PDF 1✕1 2✕1 2✕2
$\pi$